Has your gambling career been threatened due to restrictions placed on public places to curb the Coronavirus? Well, we can all agree that 2020 was quite eventful; it was not the year we all expected. As a gambler, I could not enter the house casino down the street to play some exciting games and win cash.
The 21st century is the age of technological innovations; virtually everything is readily available online as long as users have access to the internet. The internet has been very lucrative in the world of sports and entertainment. Every gambler should be aware that they do not always need to use a brick-and-mortar casino before getting a good gambling experience.
Let us take a quick stroll down memory lane. When the online casino industry was at its early stages, most banking institutions were reluctant to allow gamblers and gambling operators to perform transactions via interbank cash transfer. This provision is one of the numerous reasons why online gamblers have always pursued very fast, convenient, and, most importantly, safe ways to make deposits. Gambling operators have also responded by creating different payment methods; they say, “you snooze, you lose.”
Although all online casinos allow gamblers to make deposits to play with real money, some also include the no-deposit feature where visitors can only play but not withdraw winnings. The best casinos in the business offer their customers a wide array of payment options to deposit, play online, and withdraw their prize money. Even house gamblers have the luxury of selecting payment in cash or transfer via any online platform.
The different payment options available to casinos today have been classified in the list below. If you need help with choosing a payment option that suits you, enjoy the rest of this writing piece.
Types of Payment Options for Online Casinos
Asides from the intriguing gaming experience, every gambler’s desire (online and offline) is the ability to make transfers easily, quickly, and safely. They say, “change is constant.” To move with the trend, casinos offer their customers different payment platforms according to the categories. Here are some of the best payment options for online casino gambling:
- Credit/Debit and Prepaid Cards: That plastic card you carry around in your wallet can be used for other things than withdrawing cash at the ATM alone. A study has it that most online casino deposits are made via credit and debit cards. While all casinos accept payment through credit cards, debit cards are common among casinos in the United Kingdom.
- Visa: Amongst the card payment options, Visa cards are the most common, acceptable in online casinos worldwide.
- MasterCard: This credit card option allows for swift, easy, and safe deposit transactions.
- American Express: You can easily deposit funds in your AMEX account and make other reliable transactions.
- PaySafeCard: Most online casinos in the UK and other parts of Europe accept deposits with this prepaid card. You can easily recharge your PaySafe card in trusted retail shops.
- E-Wallets: The adoption of e-wallets is spreading quickly around the world. With e-wallets, you have a record of all your transactions, all your payments are processed within 24 hours, and the transaction fee is relatively minute. The features listed above are reasons why e-wallets have quickly gone viral globally. The most popular e-wallets include:
- PayPal: PayPal is undeniably the most used e-wallet on the planet, with over 200 million active users in nations across Europe and North America. In some countries like the United Kingdom, it is the only available option for casino deposits. All transactions done via the e-platform are very secure.
- Neteller: Like PayPal, Neteller is a trusted e-wallet that allows online gamblers to deposit and withdraw almost immediately.
- Skrill: When Skrill was launched in the early 2000s, it was initially called Moneybookers. When you measure the progress of Skrill, it goes beyond rebranding. Most online casinos support transacting with the e-wallet. Open your online account wherever you are in the world and fund your online casino accounts.
- Cryptocurrency: Even if you are not in the cryptocurrency business, you must have heard of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, LiteCoin, to mention a few digital currencies. Because they are very volatile, the most important thing to consider is the value of your coin. It is extremely risky because the value may either work for or against you.
- Bitcoin: Bitcoin is a pioneering digital currency used in purchasing items online. It is not left out of the gambling industry as most online casinos worldwide now accept payment via Bitcoin.
- Ethereum: Ethereum comes second when ranking the most valuable digital currencies. Just like Bitcoin, they provide a means for you to fund your online casino accounts.
BitcoinCash, Dogecoin, Dash, LiteCoin are among other digital currencies to watch out for in the online gaming business. The future of cryptocurrency casinos is near!
- Offline Payment: Despite the advancement in technological innovations, some online casinos have not scrapped conventional payment methods. If you do not fancy paying via online platforms, you can join the bus ride and pick any traditional payment means.
- Bank Wire Transfer: Bank wire transfers mean that you have to get into the bank and do the form filling with the respective details of transfer parties.
- Western Union: This offline payment method is the usual go-to method for sending money from your bank account anywhere in the world. Several casinos around the world recognize and accept Western Union as a viable payment method.
However, we strongly advise that you opt for a more convenient online payment method. One that suits your lifestyle and gambling nature. Super-fast payment methods are always the best.
In a bid to give you the best experience, online casinos have a wide range of transaction options available. Do not limit yourself when selecting your most preferred transaction method. That your preferred means of payment is not available on your online casino account does not mean you should not try the next convenient one.